Monday, September 04, 2006

Mountain biking on Pavement.

So the trails are a little ways from me casa. For all you peps whom live with in 2 miles of great single track. Go to Hell. Well really I am just a little jealous. These emotions reduced to their lowest common denominator is to blame on the fact that I have to ride on horrid and quite treacherous 4 lane busy roads and then on some small but even more dangerous back roads that are not that far back. Each time I ride to the trail I think I am going to die at least, hummm, twice on a good day.

So the past few days I have been logging the big miles on the MTB either commuting to work or riding to the trail. Basically, 3+ hours per day on a MTB with 32 psi in the tires. I long for the days of a quick commute home on the ole road bike.

So the trails here in BTR just as A-Town are Powder. There is little traction and lots of sand pits all over the place. I know where they are but it is still disappointing to not be able to rail some of my favorite corners due to powder. There are also face slappers all over the place. I swear the undergrowth grows so fast here that each lap there is a new face slapper waiting on me to fly through a corner.

I think it is time to start racing again. So this weekend will be me either in Oxford, MS or Chappell Hill, TX. The race in Oxford will not have a good field and the Race in Chappell Hill will never let me see the front for hours unless I do something stupid and irrational. My pro buds are saying do the Road Race and Suffer and ride like a man on a mission but boy if that mission is to get dropped and finish 15 min off the back I can make that happen. Oh Well, I think I will head to TX anyway either to MTBike also.

Till Next Post LAE<>
JR

P.s. Hey at least it has Cooled off to the Upper 80s this past week how cool is that???

No comments: