Monday, August 28, 2006

Assing Around in A-town

So I spent last weekend Assing around in A-town. I was really just looking for a reason to kick it in some other town and to get in some good trail riding. Lucky for me it was like an OVEN on Broil. I did not check the weather reports for the previous few days to see what the weather had been like. However, I asked a buddy o mine whom had just returned how hot it was and his description was rather morbid. When I passed through my most favoritsist town in the whole wide world HOUSTON (all caps cause this is one place that could stand to shrink not grow) it was raining and a cool 82 degrees. This was not look'n so bad but ~ 60 miles East of Austin the rain decreased and the temp increased to a mild 104 deg. Wait did I just say 104 that is outrageous. As I was sitting in the A-C cooled vehicle, I thought the thermometer must be broken. Sure enough I lower the window and it took ~ .25 seconds for the interior of my Vehicle to get to well in excess of any house hold temp. It became so hot so fast that I think I started to sweat in anticipation of the heat. This really did throw a monkey wrench into my plans.

So 7:00 pm comes around and I head to The Emma Long Trail just outside the 360 loop. I read the descriptions and they basically said lots of small drops but I was really thinking (Heck how bad can it be?) I mean really how bad could it be right? WRONG. Austin has been experiencing a drought. That means POWDER and not nose candy or the stuff you pray for when Snow Boarding. It was this fine dust that was of the consistency of really chunky baby powder. Fast and The Furious 3 aint got Shit on me. I drifted as much of the trail as I could before the sun started to head into hiding for the night. Not much fun. So I proceeded to participate in my other pastime that night. Drinking.

As unsuccessful as I was at riding the MTB that day, I was more than twice as successful at drinking that night with one of my buds. 6th street was packed on Saturday night. I have to admit it was a blast or at least the bits I can remember.

Sunday heading back to BR and to what, MORE 103 deg weather yeah I chose to pass on Smithville on my way home and then pass on Memorial Park (due to Rain the Previous Day).

So now I am back in BR doin my thing.

Well Till Next Time,
Keep the Rubber Side Down.

JR

No comments: