Sunday, September 17, 2006

Rasing Canes Road Race

Raising Canes Road Race
So today's raising Canes Road Race consisted of a few key ingredients.

1) Fried Chicken Boy (ME)
2) Two La Sport riders
2) New Orleans Transplant Rialdo and Brooks
and all that diluted into the same quantity of Herring Gas.

That equals Slaughter.

Herring Gas Cycling Team was just too strong today and not of the underarm pit odor type either.

They controlled the race from the start. I like racing against them because they are so strong but heck even if you roll with the punches you will eventually get hit.

I was TKO'd after around 30 miles of racing. Herring sent all of its riders off one at a time till a group of 5 of us were left chasing there group of 6. My group was not playing nice and so I decided to go on a suicide mission. I took to the front of our group fully intending on catching Herring. After cruising between 26-33 for a few miles, I realized that every time we started to reel them in they would go just a little harder. That is frustrating. Really it is.

Needless to say I was successful in completing a suicide mission. I blew up, which is just as I expected. My bud Trent told me of this cool race tactic that will make me much stronger next year. Basically, ride myself into the ground at every race I enter. Either go for the win or go for broke. I broke into the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle today. But I did get in a good workout.

Till Next Time, LAE,
JR

No comments: