Tuesday, August 22, 2006

More Travel Time.

So I found out that I get to go back to Cali probably in Dec or whenever I feel like going. This time I am bringing the MTB again. My last trip to the left side which was fun was plagued with this stuff called racing or in my case a very high paced bicycle tour.


One of the coolest things that I forgot to mention was that whilst at Lake Tahoe I rode with Ned Overend. Ned though he is ole enough to be my pops is one of the coolest and fastest Mountain Bikers (period.) I was checking on www.cyclingnews.com my home page and I noticed that Super Ned finished 2nd overall at the Mount Washington Hillclimb. Damn Ned when are you going to let us young bucks have a chance?

Well at lake Tahoe we were tearing up the single at the North Star Ranch and sure enough who does Ned name drop to me, knowing of my southern roots, (?). Jason Sager, of all the people to mention I was a little surprised by that. So we are tearing it up on the descent then the climb back up to the top of the XC trail starts. I felt like I had a parachute on. 6000 feet above sea level and no avocet in site this climbing was starting to suck. Then the altitude headache started and it all just went down the gutter from there. I may not be a Cajun but us bottom dwellers need a little help when we get any higher than the roof of our house. BTW, check out Ned's results in the link earlier. Not bad for a 50 year old man or should I say Mutant.

LAE,

J

No comments: