Monday, March 27, 2006

Not So Funny.

I have long wondered what the purpose of Blogs was. Is it to rant on my daily musings or should it serve a larger purpose. Maybe, they are an online form of a trophy wall or maybe they are just a place to complain to anyone who cares to read it.

That all said here is my complaint. Mi Amigo senor Kerry Stamey esta Mui malisimo. He has cancer. Melanoma that has matasticized and not responded to two rounds of ChemoTherapy. At the very young age of 52 he has been guesstimated at 2 months to live according to his doctors.

This is not a Eulogy nor is it a going away note that Kerry will never read. It is merely a statement for my own personal benefit to help maintain my sanity during a time when a very good friend of mine, someone that I deeply Admire and have Boundless Respect for is counting down every second of every moment, as this breath may be the last.

Kerry's influence on me began long before I knew who he was. Long before I ever raced a bike or even owned a descent machine, there was a guy promoting the sport of mountain biking here in the swamps of South Louisiana. Kerry was one of the founding members of the club that has become known as BRAMBA. He is the primary reason that countless Baton Rouge residents have picked up bicycles and one of the driving forces behind the sales of Millions of dollars in bicycles in this parish and beyond. With Out Kerry there would be no trails. No trails, No mountain biking. No Mountain Biking, No Racing for me, no national team, no state championships, no cycling = Husky Boy: Joshua Nkomo Rosby. The influence of just one person has dramatically changed my life as well as the lives of many others. All of this is due to a buddy of mine that is old enough to be my father. So before you decide to check out I will send you a link to this and I am just letting you know that you are truly appreciated and I will try to get you some Good Beer When I go to TX this weekend. Keep on fighting and remain optimistic. Finally, Always Remember that You Have Accomplished Great Things and Helped the Masses. Many people start out trying to help the world their community their city. Never Ever Under Estimate Your Contributions To Us (Baton Rouge).

Heck Even Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails has ridden bikes on trails created by Kerry and Crew. Brett Scalions of Fuel purchased a Mountain Bike from me because we expected that some local that would go to the local trail would buy it. The six degrees that stem from your hard work has provided for everyone a place to play and ride their MTBs and has truly spread a lot further that you know.

Jr

P.s. Hey at least you lost all that weight you were trying to ride off. Hell that wasn't even funny.


So I go to apply for a job as an accountant with this firm. When I arrive the lady interviewing me ask me where do you see yourself in five years???

I see my self-celebrating the Fifth Year Anniversary of you asking me this question.
Mitch Hedberg
Now That was Funny.

I had and Ant Farm and they didn't Grow Shit.

MH

No comments: