Monday, March 20, 2006

I Stayed.

The Real Racing starts this weekend in Columbia, TN. Chad and I will be heading out on Friday to start our 9-hour drive to the Mountains South of Nashville. After helping very unsuccessfully Naomi with some BioChem HW, I decided that a 4-hour drive to race in the rain was not in my best interest. So instead I cruised over to Mandeville, LA and put in a solid 60 miles with my friend and teammate Kyle Boudreax. We cruised the countryside and found some awesome rolling terrain.

Needless to say, I found that my climbing legs are here but my cruising legs are some where lost in South America and they are not answering my calls nor will they return my emails. I hate it when my racing legs fight with me. I think a few more weeks of cruise intervals and some switch efforts are in order for my training diet. These will be intertwined with some big ring riding to get my legs used to high resistance efforts. I feel stronger and lighter than ever but I need to bring this fitness out of hiding.

Plans for this week are to finalize a date on my next VO2 Max Testing and some other physiological testing to gauge where my fitness is at this moment so that I have have Jason hook it up for me.


Till Next Time,
Jr

No comments: