Sunday, September 07, 2008

Gustav

Big Buildings
Little Buildings
Trees
And People

Have all succumb to the power of Gustav. I just want a few days of something like normal with a cup of coffee and another day clad in spandex v.s. This


But just as people are malleable and quick to fix things that are broken soon enough my home town shattered by this storm will rebuild. I will be back on my road bike riding in the early mornings cool air whilst daydreaming of past trips to Tahoe, Colorado, or many of the cool places cycling has taken me. I will ride and spend more time managing my thoughts, arranging and rearranging scenarios, situations, analyzing and reanalyzing and double checking the cover page on my TPS reports. Soon enough we people of Baton Rouge will be back to normal and all the great things that people have done for us will be forgotten and the ass holes that have temporarily been hesitant to lash out will show their faces again. But until then, drink up and have a toast, to the good will of mankind.

No comments: